Friday 1 May 2015

Triple Chocolate Fudge Pancakes

Chocolate pancakes with 3 types of chocolate chunks and served with a Nutella and Salted caramel whipped cream and chocolate sauce~ an indulgent breakfast or dessert treat!



Happy Friday! 

The weekend has come around super quick for me,  it seems like time is flying by and I'm looking back and questioning where has all that time gone?! The upside is that it is the weekend which is a major thumbs up (plus one more extra day because of Bank holiday= no crappy Monday) but that just means another week gone and closer to exams...eeeeekkk! intense business. 

But I'm going to chill out a bit because this is my only free weekend to properly celebrate my 16th Birthday! My birthday falls on a Wednesday this year (middle of the week, what's up with that?!) so I am going to have a day out with mumma to London tomorrow and meet up with some close friends for brunch (at Tom's Kitchen which I am super excited about) and have just a general fun day out ^_^ Then on the Monday, my gran is making some food and having the family over for a little celebration, busy busy but the good kind- You shouldn't have to do much revision on your birthday right? I'll just take photos and stuff my face instead. 

As I will not have time to make myself a blog worthy birthday cake this year (or any cake for that matter) I rummaged through my files to bring you something else totally yummy instead that equals that of a birthday cake: enter my beloved friend PANCAKES. 
This recipe I actually made on Pancake day but since I've already shared two pancake recipes with you, I thought it would be best to save this one for another day. What better kind of celebration food than these decadent triple chocolate fudge pancakes? Yes? I knew you wouldn't complain.


These are on my birthday breakfast menu but there would be no problem devouring these for any meal of the day. I suppose the whipped cream makes it more dessert material but these are a treat so its totally acceptable to have these in the morning. I have even adapted this recipe to make the pancakes healthier so you can feel less guilty about slathering on that whipped cream and chocolate sauce, it balances out so its all fiiiinnnneee.  

So as for me now, I'm getting an early night so I'm remotely ready and awake for tomorrow. Also expect some reviews of tomorrows eateries because we have booked some pretty cool places but in the mean time- relax, have a great weekend and dedicate a slow morning to making these pancakes in your pyjamas. It will all be worth it 







TRIPLE CHOCOLATE FUDGE PANCAKES


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder (preferably unprocessed)
  • 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • cracked sea salt (a pinch)
  • 1/4 cup each of white, milk, and dark chocolate (chopped into chunk)
  • Vegetable oil or coconut oil for frying
To serve: Nutella and Salted Caramel Whipped Cream (coming soon!), chocolate sauce, chopped mixed nuts and dusted icing sugar.


INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Mix together the flours, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a bowl or pouring jug.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix with a spatula to combine. Do not overmix- the batter should be quite thick and lumpy. Then gently again stir through your chocolate chunks.
4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat with some oil until hot (I get a paper kitchen towel to mop up any remaining oil so you get a thin coat).
5. Pour about 2-3 tbsp of the mixture into the pan (you can make the smaller or larger if you wish but it will change the cooking time) and lower the heat slightly- you want to make sure they cook through slowly.
6. When bubbles form on the surface or starting to puff up, flip the pancakes and cook for about 3 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with all the toppings~



2 comments:

  1. These pancakes look seriously SO wicked and delicious - and when I looked at the recipe I was shocked! They are surprisingly so healthy! Have to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, you have made my day~ I am such a big fan of you and your blog! Your photography and recipes are stunning <3

      Delete