Friday 16 January 2015

Single Serving Cashew Cookie Cake

A healthy single serving cookie cake that is full of wholesome ingredients. It has a creamy cashew butter filling and crunchy oaty exterior, the raisins are a great addition for some sweetness too!




Oh Hai Guysss, 

Well I suppose this is the first recipe for 2015, So everyone lets start this year with a super yummy start, everyone show of hands! This cookie cake makes sense to kick off 2015 due to it being totally healthy and full of non crappy for you ingredients to which we can all agree, we probably had a lot of over the christmas period...unless your like me and not starting the healthy vibe until all the temptations of chocolate given gifts have been demolished (finished the last box of cadbury milks last night so BRING ON THE VEGGIES!!)
okay...maybe I just made a cake and nibbling on chocolate right now, I know I know! here I am writing healthy recipes while stuffing my face with chocolate but hey at least I have good intentions don't judge me...I bet your doing it too ;)

Firstly before I blabber on about how amazing this is, I would like to clarify that this is not actually my recipe...although I wish i could be the one to boast the creation of this baby. Leah you rock. Check out the recipe over at Love me, feed me
I have slightly adapted the recipe using oat flour and raisins instead of spelt flour and chocolate chips. Feel free to use chocolate chips if you like, I  just chose raisins to make for a healthier option since I ate this for breakfast ^^

I seriously couldn't get over how much it tasted like a regular cookie cake, it doesn't even taste healthy! Plus its a bonus that IT IS healthy and full of good ingredients. This cookie cake is quick too so when the craving strikes you could easily whip it up!

This cookie cake is paired great with some greek yoghurt topped with fruit and nuts~ it would make a great brunch or breakfast...maybe even a dessert! 


Single Serving Cashew Cookie Cake

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 tbsp oat flour (I ground up oats in a blender)
  • 2 tsp agave nectar (this was quite sweet so next time I may reduce it to 1tsp of agave, but you can adjust it to your tastes)
  • 1/8th tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1 tbsp raisins
  • 2 tsp cashew butter
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees
2. Mix everything together in a bowl except the cashew butter. It should be quite thick like a cookie dough consistency, if its too dry add some more almond milk and if its too wet add some more oat flour.
3. Press 2/3 of the dough into a cupcake tin and spoon the cashew butter in the centre.
4. Use the remaining dough and spread over the cookie cake.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm and golden. 
6. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin (make sure not to let cool too long other wise you will not have a runny centre... yeah I left mine too long XD)
7. Enjoy 






No comments:

Post a Comment