Saturday 10 January 2015

Dining in the Alps

As you may or may not know I was skiing in France over the christmas period, it was such an amazing time and I'm already counting down the days unit I can next go back! Aside from the skiing and general awesomeness that is Val d'Isere, did I mention that the food is another major highlight? By far one of the best things about skiing holidays is the food (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)

Basically this is like a photo diary of just some of the yummy noms I had when I was over there, and don't be fooled just because it was christmas- the food is generally always like this (apart from the christmas dinner of course ( •ॢ◡-ॢ)) Please enjoy a few snaps of the desserts, restaurant food and an abundance of afternoon teas~



Shortbread biscuit base with a chocolate ganache

half eaten coffee toffee like cake - it shows how good it is since I forgot to take a picture




Pineapple upside down cake -(is it still classed as upside down cake if the pineapple is now on top? I never know...)



Another piece of shortbread and chocolate ganache- (presumably left overs? anyway I had two pieces of cake that day, can't waste leftovers)

Carrot cake again but slightly more decorative than the first
Christmas day dinner dessert- Christmas pudding with brandy sauce *drool*
High ranking desert on presentation- orange panna cotta with raspberry compote and shortbread biscuit
A super warming and cosy dessert that I could eat by the bowlful- Apple strudel with custard ( I class it as posh custard because you can see the vanilla pod flecks)
Cointreau Orange cheesecake with a berry sauce- I say "paint stroke"(^з^)
and drumroll! My favourite desert of the week! Lemon posset with a chocolate shard, a mixed berry compote and a white chocolate shortbread biscuit- DELISH


This was the meal we had when we ate out one evening- My main was Duck with a honey sauce and omg I could have eaten that sauce with a spoon...



This monster sized desert was a salted caramel ice-cream topped with whipped cream and HOT chocolate sauce (I was sold at salted caramel)

Thats sums up just a few of the amazing foods I had away and it's always nice having a meal and afternoon tea waiting for you after a long day of skiing ^_~







No comments:

Post a Comment