Saturday 13 December 2014

Peanut Butter and Banana Bread Mug Cake

A delicious oat mug cake that tastes exactly like Banana Bread! Banana, peanut butter and walnuts come together to create a warming breakfast






Yesterday morning the grass was frosty and when I cracked open my window there was a cool crisp breeze in the air. That was the moment it truly felt like Christmas for me. I don't know what it is but I just haven't been feeling the christmas vibe I normally get when it comes to this time of year. Maybe it's because I'm going away over christmas and we haven't decorated the house because of this. 

Oh yeah btw I'm going skiing for christmas! Just wanted to get that out there so you didn't think I was against the christmas spirit by not decorating...

That feeling of the cool breeze and seeing the frost made me crave something warming and oh so satisfying. This definitely is the right way to go about breakfast.

It is literally like a mini banana bread in a mug and the smells when it is cooking fills the kitchen with absolute HAPPINESS. The smell lingers too which basically means your kitchen will smell like banana bread all day and make any guests think you've been slaving away baking.

Banana and peanut butter are my OTP and mixed with oats and walnuts just makes you feel like your getting a warm hug. This is something to be enjoyed in bed in your duvet covers or under a snuggly blanket.




Did I mention it is totally healthy too? and can be made vegan and gluten free as well? your welcome. Just replace honey for agave nectar and the oats for gluten free oats! 






















Peanut Butter Banana Bread Mug Cake

delicious and comforting breakfast that tastes and smells exactly like freshly baked banana bread. Banana and peanut butter are an amazing flavor combo and the walnuts add some texture. Healthy and quick without skimping on taste!

Serves: 1

INGREDIENTS
• tbsp porridge oats (can sub for gluten free oats)
• 1 banana, mashed (but you can have some chunks if you like)
• 1 heaped tsp of peanut butter, I prefer crunchy to smooth but you can chose your favourite(I use Whole Earth Peanut Butter)
• A small handful of walnuts halves broken into pieces
• Honey, Cinnamon, Greek Yoghurt and fresh fruit for topping if you like (Blueberries are my fave with this)

DIRECTIONS
1. Put oats into a small bowl and mash the banana in with the oats, you want it quite smooth but you can have some banana chunks.
2. Add the peanut butter and walnuts and give it a mix
3. Transfer mix into a microwavable safe mug and microwave for 4 minutes*
4. Add the yoghurt, honey, cinnamon and blueberries or any toppings of your choice. It's best eaten  when warm! 

*I baked it in the microwave at 600W for 4 minutes, times may differ depending on your microwave. The cake should feel quite springy on the surface so cook for less time or longer


No comments:

Post a Comment