Friday 21 November 2014

Fusion Food in London | Japan meets...Peru!?

Welcome Welcome lovely readers,

For my birthday (which was in May...yeah this posts a tad late) my mum took me to London.  When asked what I wanted to do I recall myself saying "I want to eat at yummy places" (maybe with a bit of shopping in chinatown thrown in their as well)

When looking through my photos I totally forgot I didn't blog about the places we went, and they were awesome places...that deserve to be written about (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Whenever we take a trip to London, we ALWAYS eat at a Japanese restaurant. I wanted to spruce things up a bit this time and try somewhere knew... but somehow the restaurant was still Japanese inspired. 

enter...  CHOTTO MATTE!  The place for JAPANESE and PERUVIAN FUSION FOOD! Stumbled across this place thanks to the old Timeout London

Chotto Matte (which means 'wait a minute' in Japanese) is situated in the hip area Soho. Chotto Matte was launched during London fashion week and is influenced by Japanese and Peruvian cultures, apparently they also serve colourful cocktails and have live music too. Sadly I didn't get to experience all that but I can tell you that the food is DAMN GOOD! 

Tuna Sashimi (Maguro)


My dish- Donburi (rice bowl with toppings) Barriguita de Chanchito (Pork belly, nashi pear, yellow tomato salsa and vegetables). Absolute YUM.

Vegetales Japoneses (vegetable tempura)

Nasu Miso (Aubergine miso, aprictos, puffed soba andsesame seeds)



After some these yummy (and relatively healthy) noms, one must have cake. My favourite place in London for amazing cakes and atmosphere would have to be Yauatcha. It's an asian inspired tea room full of aromatic teas and unbelievable patisserie, it also has a menu chock full of dim sum, noodle, rice, soup dishes if your looking for more of a savoury affair ( ̄ω ̄) 








* this was my mum's cake, I didn't have two.  although i normally would...





 On a side note, check out these cakes in China town! Chinese cakes always look incredible





1 comment:

  1. I love to try different foods from various parts of the world, and always ready to go to different food places to have food. I will surely try food in this chotto matte. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete