Friday 22 August 2014

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan Cosplay- Toudou Heisuke

If your a hardcore anime, cosplay, gaming, Japanese culture fan, then you probably know about MCM Expo... 

Expo is held in London during May and October and is probably the most anticipated convention in the UK, it is seriously any anime lovers dream

This year I went in May (as I always do) and cosplayed (of course!). I was determined to do a cosplay  completely different that no one else would do, I think I was successful (considering that hardly anyone knew who my character was (┳Д┳)...

I decided on cosplaying Todo Heisuke from the anime Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan which is a relatively lesser known anime about samurai     *coughs* really attractive samurai...

Apparently its a reverse harem, Otome, romantic tragedy (according to Wikipedia). I first saw the Nintendo 3DS game advertised and then did some research, only to find that there is in fact a series! great news for someone who is nintendo 3DS deprived! Thus, my obsession began and much fangirling happened ( ´͈ ॢꇴ `͈ॢ)・*♡

I highly recommend this anime but please oh please DO NOT watch the dubbed version, the voices are actually cringe worthy. The Japanese version (with English sub) have sexy voices are much more authentic sounding. 

So I hope you like my cosplay! It didn't take too long to make and it was super satisfying seeing all of it come together. I used a karate uniform sewing pattern for the clothing (apart from the leggings which were bought). The wig I bought off eBay, the shoes were my mum's that she got from Japan and the swords... my awesome Grandad made! and I can't take all the credit for the outfit, my Grandma is literally a seamstress Queen and helped me all the way (´ ▽`).。o♡
















I met some fellow cosplayers from Norway (=^-ω-^=) they came up to me since they recognised my character (result!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment