Saturday 19 July 2014

Niçoise Pasta Recipe

Hey guys! 

So, let's talk cooking. If you have read my 'about me' page then you will know that I am a bit of a foodie. Cooking has become a hobby that I really enjoy doing (unless I am absolutely ravenous in which case I'm too hungry to concentrate...).  I love flicking through recipes whether it being a magazine (Good Food is my fave) or on my iPod (Foodgawker app is amazing- food gasms everywhere).  

Originally I was only going to start a food blog, but I had different things that I also wanted to share with you guys. Instead of doing two blogs, a general one and a food one (which I've got to be honest sounds like a lot of work) Iv'e just decided to smush all the content into one...I hope you will enjoy all the upcoming recipes!






Now down to business, were talking pasta today. Niçoise Pasta. It was super duper hot today (yes actually hot for once in the UK) and this fresh pasta dish did just the job. Made this for myself and the grandparents and it turned out pretty good, if i don't say so myself (・∀・)






Niçoise Pasta Recipe

Recipe slightly adapted from BBC 
GOOD FOOD Magazine August
2014 issue

Serves: 3


Ingredients


☆ 225g runner beans, chopped into 1-inch pieces

☆ 225g penne pasta
☆ 2 tbsp olive oil
☆ 1 fat garlic clove
☆ 4 anchovies, drained and chopped (add more if you like it salty)
☆ 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
☆ Couple handfuls of spinach
☆ handful green olives, halved and drained
☆ 1 and a half tin of tuna, drained
☆ Juice of half a lemon
☆ dash of dried basil (fresh would be better)
☆ dash of tobasco (add more if you like it spicy)


Instructions


1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add 1tsp of salt. Add the pasta, bring to the boil and cook following pack instructions. Throw in the beans around 5 mins before the end of the pasta cooking time.


2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and anchovies and fry gently (medium-low heat) for a couple of mins, stirring to dissolve the anchovies in the oil. 


3. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few mins until softened but not 'pulpy' (a.k.a mushy).


4. Drain the pasta and beans and return to the pan. Add the tomato sauce and olives. Flake in the tuna and add the spinach, lemon juice, basil, tobasco and season with some pepper. Heat through and serve.









1 comment: